BEFORE YOU FIRE UP THE BBQ, WE THOUGHT WE WOULD HANDPICK A FEW TASTY RECIPES TO GET YOURS STARTED.
Come rain or shine, the summer BBQ season is well underway, and whether you plan on inviting a few family members or friends over for a socially distanced get together, or you prefer to keep things low key with you and the little ones, there’s no reason why yours shouldn’t sizzle.
1. Blue cheese & apple burger
You can usually count on Jamie Oliver to come up with something special involving just a few choice ingredients and this recipe does exactly that. It’s easy to prepare (just an hour before you plan on popping these tasty burgers on the BBQ) and tastes much better than your average supermarket beef burgers.
You can see the recipe in full here.
2. Salt & pepper tofu skewers
Another great little recipe from Jamie Oliver. It’s meat-free but tastes delicious whether you’re vegetarian or not. There’s a little bit of prep involved before these skewers make it to the BBQ but it’s worth every minute. You can see the recipe in full here.
3. Fiery prawn & pepper skewers If you want to add a little seafood to your BBQ then this recipe is a great way to do it. It’s incredibly simple to prepare yet has plenty of flavour that packs just a little punch. You can see the recipe in full here.
4. BBQ Sausages A lovely little recipe that transforms simple sausages into something really special. You only need a few simple ingredients and you have a delicious marinade for the sausages and a dip to go alongside them. You can see the recipe in full here.
5. Sweet & sour rainbow slaw No BBQ is complete without a good slaw to bring it all together and this recipe is a great alternative to the standard fare you’ll find in the supermarket. It’s fresh and light, and perfect for summer. You can see the full recipe here.